Used Tig Welder
Used Tig Welder
Understanding what TIG Welders can actually do by mspaul
Tig Welding called tungsten inert gas, also known as Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), is considered as an arc welding process that makes use of a non consumable tungsten electrode in order to produce the strong weld. The new procedure based on GTAW was first introduced in 1953, called Plasma Arc welding. GTAW is the most commonly used process that is used to weld thin sections of stainless steel and light metals including aluminum, magnesium, and copper alloys and also some other metals except for lead and zinc.
The method allows welding operator a greater control over the weld than other competing procedures like as in shielded metal arc welding and gas metal arc welding, providing stronger and higher quality welds. One of the biggest advantages of the TIG welders is that it heats and joins two or more metal pieces together without making use of any filler materials. Unlike other types of welders, TIG machines require more skills and practice in order to be used properly. And, through this way the possibility of preventing cracked seals or damaging the weld are also decreased.
As a fact, this kind of automotive service equipment melts and combines the two or more metal pieces together rather than making use of melted metals in order to join them together. Also, you will simply find that this method has a high level of precision and accuracy. Listed here are certain advantages as well as disadvantages of TIG welders.
1. Best welding system to weld thin materials
2. Concentrated arc
3. No kind of slag
4. Can easily weld more than two metals and metal alloys than any other process
5. No sparks and spatter
1. Little slower speeds than other processes.
2. Requires careful coordination of hands and eyes.
3. Contain brighter UV rays than what other processes involved.
4. Have lower filler metal deposition rates.
5. Higher equipment costs than other welding procedures.
6. Also, the process needs to have concentrations of shielding gas that might build up and can even displace oxygen while welding is done in confined areas.
About the Author
for more information regarding welding job and wire welder, please visit longevity-inc.com
TIG Time Episode 14 – How to use an Electric Weld Cleaner